Reduce Virus Spread
You should get tested for COVID-19 if you have one or more symptoms of COVID-19, you were a close contact of someone who has COVID-19 or you are concerned you may have been exposed to someone who might have COVID-19.
Tips to Prevent the Spread
Avoid close contact and keep a distance of two metres (six feet) from others. Everyone has a role to play. The actions you take will protect you, loved ones and those most vulnerable in our community.
The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed:
- Limit non-essential trips out of your home
- Keep two metres (six feet) distance from others
- Wear a mask or face covering in indoor public spaces and when you can’t keep physical distance
- Clean your hands often. Use soap and water or an alcohol-based (70-90 per cent) hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow or a tissue. Immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell
- Download the COVID Alert app so you can be notified directly if you have been in close contact with someone who was contagious with COVID-19