The Centre/Client Support Worker(CCSW) is responsible for, in partnership with other NWRCT staff to support the delivery of in assisting and supporting clients with their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs. The CSW will also maintain front desk and the health and safety of the day to day main floor operations of visitors and clients. This role is a community support role with a focus on customer service.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Social Work or related field, with a minimum of One (1) to two (2) years’ work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have confidence and experience in conflict resolution
- Excellent facilitation and public speaking skills
- Experience working with Indigenous Peoples and Communities in a front line setting
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultures, traditions, and family dynamics
- Knowledge of and established relationships with other service providers, ability to network and create/maintain these relationships
- Knowledge and experience working with the LGBTQS2 community
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an ability to plan ahead define measurable objectives, outcomes and meet timelines
- Working knowledge of MS Office, internet, and general office equipment
- Current Police Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening are required
- First Aid and CPR certifications
- Process in-house client intakes and determine appropriate internal and external referrals
- Support client crisis, wellbeing and immediate needs. Offer cultural, emotional, mental physical and spiritual wellbeing,
- Welcome, greet, direct all clients and visitors. Inform clients and visitors of programs and services. Support programming and room sharing for activities/workshops/ceremonies.
- Network and maintain a database of contacts with surrounding service agencies, visits, stats and daily log book
- Crisis management / interventions where necessary while collaborating with crisis support staff to de-escalate situations and/or manage emergency occurrences.
- Take responsibility to increase sensitivity, awareness, and implementation of cultural teachings and organizational practices in a professional manner.
- Support and work towards the overall aims and objectives of the NWRCT.
- Support execution of Grocery support program and drop in programs
- Empower women to articulate their needs and goals and to advocate for themselves
- Ability to work as a team and within the organization framework including staff meetings, professional development opportunities, team building, and self-care.
- Attend to all general centre inquires, and information requests through the info contact and redirect to appropriate staff
- Ensure the health and safety of main floor operations and sfatey of contents and participants
- Carry out other duties which may be necessary from time to time as required.
- Maintain accurate and confidential sign in and out forms/ log book and message recording
- Maintain Mail, incoming and outgoing, direct in correct placement
- Assist with forms for clients and visitors, including but not limited to intake forms, volunteer forms, compliment/complaint forms, donation records
- Manage the NWRCT general info email account and maintain data and stats.
- Answer all incoming calls and direct as appropriate, record messages and provide professional responses
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Adhere to policies, procedures and best practices as set by the NWRCT, and applicable funder mandated policies and procedures
- Ability to create and maintain a confidential, welcoming, friendly and safe environment
The Centre/Client Support Worker (CCSW) will be directly accountable to the Program Manager or designate for the proper completion of the functions outlined in the job description
Please provide a cover letter and resume to NWRCT Admin, or fill the form below.
Due to the nature of the organization’s culturally based social services, NWRCT encourages applications from Indigenous women (Section 24 (1) (a), Special Employment, Ontario Human Rights Code).
Start Date: Immediate
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Application Deadline: Friday, June, 16 2023 at 12pm