The Social Media and Communications Officer is responsible for supporting and growing the online social media accounts of NWRCT while supporting and promoting the overall communications efforts and promotion of NWRCT and its mandate.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
- Post-secondary diploma/certificate in Social Work or communications with an interest in community wellness and a minimum three years’ related work experience.
- Experience in management or supervisor role.
- Experience with social media accounts, brand management and media control
- Strong organizational/time management skills with an ability to plan, define measurable objectives, and meet objectives in a timely manner.
- Experience working with Indigenous Peoples and Communities, knowledge of Indigenous cultures, traditions, and family dynamics.
- Knowledge of other service agencies with an ability to network, create and maintain these relationships.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Software, internet, account management and general office equipment.
- Current and valid CPIC and Vulnerable Sector Screening is required
- First Aid and CPR certifications are considered an asset
- Knowledge of database creation and maintenance is an asset
- Ability to think creatively and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain a media database.
- Respond to general inquiries through the info email through an efficient and professional matter.
- Develop community outreach tools and promote agency programming, services and special events.
- Maintain and curate a contact mailing list.
- Responsible for growing audiences on social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Along with maintaining, a posting schedule regularly create platform-specific content including text posts, videos, and graphics.
Support the completion of reports monthly, quarterly, and annually, e.g. programming, statistics, evaluations and operational briefings. Maintain accurate, confidential, and current records.
Support the copy, send, and preparation of documents for delivery, communications and or in support of the agency and Executive Director
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
Adhere to policies, procedures and best practice as set by the NWRCT, and applicable funder mandated policies and procedures. Ability to create and maintain a confidential, welcoming, friendly and safe environment
The Social Media and Communications Office will be accountable and report directly to the Executive Director or designate for the proper completion of the functions outlined in the job description.
Please provide a cover letter and resume to Pamela Hart
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
Due to the culturally based social services of the agency, NWRCT encourages applications from Indigenous women (Section 24 (1) (a), Special Employment, Ontario Human Rights Code).