The Native Women’s Resource Centre of Toronto (NWRCT) is a community-based organization dedicated to providing resources and support to urban Indigenous women and their families. NWRCT delivers culturally relevant programs and services that empower and build the collective capacity and self-sufficiency of Indigenous women.
As part of the NWRCT team, the Program Manager Assistant will be responsible for providing internal and external administrative support to a variety of programs offered at NWRCT by following all related policies and implementing best practices that provides structure to the effective delivery of the well needed programs to the Indigenous community. Primary focus will be supporting the Program Manager administratively while supporting and growing the online social media accounts of NWRCT.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Post-secondary diploma/certificate in Social Work or Administration with an interest in community wellness and a minimum five years’ related work experience.
- Strong communicator – written, oral, and facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational/time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, define measurable objectives, and meet objectives in a timely manner.
- Experience working with Indigenous Peoples and Communities, knowledge of Indigenous cultures, traditions, and family dynamics.
- Knowledge of other service agencies with an ability to network, create and maintain these relationships.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Software, internet, and general office equipment.
- Current and valid CPIC and Vulnerable Sector Screening is required
- First Aid and CPR certifications are considered an asset
- Knowledge of database creation and maintenance is an asset
- Experience with social media accounts, brand management and media control
- Ability to think creatively, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Coordinate, assist and maintain the necessary supplies and/or copy of material for Program delivery including workshops and sharing circles, meetings
- Assist Program Manager with creating and distributing programming Materials, evaluations etc.
- Coordinate, assist and maintain data collection of client/participation statistics and submit results to the Program Manager.
- Contributes collaboratively to the management team to build and grow the capacity of NWRCT
- Coordinate and assist with staff coverage related to daily programing, workshops, drop-in, etc. to meet the demands of NWRCT services.
- Support and maintain protocol for programming calendars such as room/workshop bookings and staff time off.
- Organize, obtain and maintain files, timesheets, data for reports in support of program manager.
- Prepare meeting documents, send communications through different mediums, offer administrative details to program Manager
- Complete a variety of reports monthly, quarterly, and annually and submit to Program Manager on or before due date.
- Culture – takes responsibility to increase sensitivity, awareness, and implementation of cultural teachings and organizational practices in both professional conduct and work-related deliverables.
- Support and work towards the overall aims and objectives of the Native Women’s Resource Centre.
- Takes initiative to further knowledge regarding NWRCT programming including professional development, Indigenous awareness, case management, team building, and self-care.
- Support staff when program manager is unavailable.
- Carry out other duties which may be necessary from time to time as required.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Respond to general inquiries through an efficient and professional matter.
- Responsible for growing audiences on social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Along with maintaining, a posting schedule regularly create platform-specific content including text posts, videos, and graphics.
- Complete reports monthly, quarterly, and annually, e.g. programming, statistics, evaluations and operational briefings, and submit to Program Manager on or before due date
- Maintain accurate and current records
- Support the details in oversight, training, and management of program staff and functions
- Copy, send, prepare documents for delivery, communications and or in support of Program Manager
- Support the copy, send, and preparation of documents for delivery, communications and or in support of the agency and Executive Director
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Adhere to policies, procedures and best practice as set by the NWRCT, and applicable funder mandated policies and procedures
- Ability to create and maintain a confidential, welcoming, friendly and safe environment
The Program Manager Assistant, will be accountable and report directly to the Executive Director or designate for the proper completion of the functions outlined in the job description.
Please complete the application below or provide a cover letter and resume to Pamela Hart
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
NWRCT’s opportunity for employment is non-discriminatory and in compliance with the
provisions of the Ontario Human Rights Code and the City of Toronto’s Anti-discrimination
Due to the nature of the organization’s culturally based social services, NWRCT encourages applications from Indigenous women (Section 24 (1) (a), Special Employment, Ontario Human Rights Code).